Booking Terms and Conditions
Here is an example of standard Boking Agreement for the cabin charter. If you need more information or have some questions, please send us an inquiry to email@example.com and we will get back to you with more details.
Main steps to complete booking:
- Option confirmation. Once 12 Knots receives an online inquiry from the client, 12 Knots will send the client yacht price offer / option confirmation – reservation valid for 4 days from the day it was sent.
- Booking confirmation. Once client has received option confirmation he/she has 4-day period to confirm the booking via e-mail, or reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- Invoice. After booking confirmation from the client 12 Knots will send the client an: 1) Invoice 2) Booking agreement 3) Charter terms and conditions including the details of the reservation.
Important! It is solely customer’s responsibility to check and confirm all boat details and extras PRIOR to the booking (paying the invoice). 12Knots will not refund or cancel bookings based on customer preference or the boat not being equipped with desired amenities.
- If charter date is within 3 days – 45 days: Full payment of booking is required within 48 hours.
- If charter date is 46 day or more – 50% of full payment is required within 48 hours of booking and final payment is required 45 days prior to the due date.
- Failure to make first installment in time once opting to book will result in cancellation of the booking.
- Failure to make second installment in time (within 24 hours of the payment due) may result in booking cancellation and first installment will be retained
- All payments should be transferred to the 12 Knots LLC account on time, according to payment due on page 1.
- All payments should be done in USD according to the central bank foreign exchange rate on the day of payment.
Payment can be made using the following means of payment:
- Wire Transfer: 12 Knots LLC Bank account details are provided on the Invoice.
- Credit card: upot request of the client. Processing fees may apply.
The client is responsible to ensure that the correct amount is transferred to 12 Knots account (reference official exchange rates for USD $ conversion). The client carries responsibility for payment receipts to be forwarded to 12 Knots.com in time ensuring that payment has been received by 12 Knots.
12 Knots charter quote is based on the yacht charter price including discounts and/or special offers. Additional sum indicated as Security Deposit indicates the maximum amount of money client is liable for in case of damage to the yacht. This excess amount can be waived in some cases by purchasing optional insurance (Damage Waiver) at the time of booking or check-in on the boat.
Additional charges on top of the basic charter price may include:
- Obligatory extras - mandatory additional charges for final cleaning, transit log, processing or any other fees on top of the yacht charter price. These fees are indicated in the Invoice and should be paid by the client accordingly.
- Optional extras: Skipper, Cook, Hostess service and/or additional equipment may be charged on top of the base charter price.
All Optional Extras should be confirmed by the client in advance, at least 45 days prior to the first day of charter.
- All transactions beyond the final payment should be completed directly with the local partner – i.e. additional Extras to be paid at base. 12 Knots bares no responsibility for any errors committed by the local partner in regards to pricing of extras, transaction errors and/or deposit returns.
- If children are taken on board, the client shall be fully responsible for their conduct and entertainment and no member of the crew shall be held responsible for their conduct or entertainment.
- The nature of the cabin charter may render it unsuitable for anybody with physical disability or undergoing medical treatment. By signature of this Agreement the client warrants the medical fitness of all members of the client’s party for the voyage contemplated by this Agreement on page 1.
- The client undertakes to have all necessary visas and vaccinations for the countries to be visited.
- The client shall comply with the laws and regulations of any country into whose waters the Vessel shall enter during the course.
- The client shall ensure that no pets or other animals are brought on board of the Vessel.
- The client shall afford the Crew due respect at all times. No Crew member shall be subjected to any type of harassment, at any time during the Charter Period.
- Smoking is not allowed, unless otherwise agreed, and restricted to the exterior areas of the Vessel designated by the Captain.
- If the client commit any offence contrary to the laws and regulations of any country which results in any member of the Crew of the Vessel being detained, fined or imprisoned, this terminate Agreement forthwith.
- The Vessel operates a zero-tolerance policy and the possession or use of any illegal drugs or any weapons (including firearms) is strictly prohibited on board the Vessel. Failure to comply shall be sufficient reason to terminate the Cabin Charter forthwith without refund.
For important information regarding the diving licensing requirements for each country – Please consult 12 Knots.
The Captain is in FULL command, and shall comply with initial itinerary condidering wind, weather and other circumstances permitting. The Captain shall not, however, be bound to itinerary if it may result in the Vessel moving to any port or place that is not safe and proper, or might result in failing to re-deliver the Vessel upon the expiration of the Charter Period.
With particular regard to the use of watersports equipment, the Captain shall have the authority to exclude the Client or any or all of his Guests from use of any particular watersports equipment if they are unsafe, behaving in an irresponsible manner, are under the influence of alcohol, or are failing to show due concern for other persons or property when operating this equipment.
- The diver accepts their responsibility to be technically capable of participating in the activity of scuba diving and fully accepts the risks associated. The diver certifies that he/she does not have mental and/or physical disability, that will prevent him/her from taking part in the diving program during their cruise.
- The diver shall be held liable for any damage caused to himself and others
- It is the client's responsibility, as a certified diver, to respect and follow the guidelines given by the guides and/or instructors on board, plus to follow the regulations stipulated by their certification agency. Ignoring the directions given by the guides, or not presenting certification card, logbook or valid medical paperwork may cause a limitation or disqualification from scuba diving on the cruise.
- We reserve the right, for safety reasons, and at the discretion of the boat guides, to refuse access to one/several dives if they do not have the necessary competence to participate safely.
- No refund or compensation is due if a passenger fails to benefit of all dives offered/purchased for whatever reasons.
- All divers shall sign a disclaimer prior to scuba diving before embarkation.
- Recommendation: wait 24 hours after diving before taking the airplane.
We highly recommend an insurance policy covering accidents and repatriation as well as a travel insurance. This insurance should take into consideration the costs involved in accident treatment including hyperbolic treatment. In the case of a diving accident, or other accident, where the accident was not caused by a service provided by the vessel or her crew, the owner will not be held responsible and any requests for compensation will be refused.
The Owner, staff and the Broker, shall not be held responsible for loss or damage to personal property or for any injury suffered by the Client, or any member of his party, during the term of his charter, regardless of whether any such loss or injury occurs on board of the yacht or elsewhere. More specifically, but without limiting the foregoing, the Owner and his insurance underwriters accept no responsibility or liability for accidents, injuries or death related to the yacht's dinghy, swimming and/or the use of snorkels, masks or allied equipment (such as scuba equipment) and any other sports equipment, whether or not supplied by the Owner, Owner's staff or Charterer.
Cancellation before embarkation:
If the client paid the charter price in the whole, informs 12 Knots on his withdrawal from use of the Vessel:
a. not later than 90 days before the agree charter should start, 50% of the paid amount will be retained.
b. not later than 60 days before the agreed charter should start, 50% of the paid amount will be retained.
c. If the cancellation is later than 46 days, even due to objective reasons (death in family, heavy injury etc.), paid price won't be paid back.
Important: We always try to help and find a solution for our clients. As soon as you can see that you might cancel the booking please get in touch with us. We are happy to help and will find a solution.
In the event of an accident or boat damage prior to the charter period client will be contacted for a suitable replacement or re-imbursement.
In case of cancellation of the charter by the local partner, he will be due to pay back the total amount paid by the Charterer.
However, regardless of possible reasons and extend of client’s associated expenses, the responsibility of local partner towards the client is limited to the amount of the paid charter price.
If for any reason the client is late for the booked charter dates, it is sole responsibility of the client to inform 12 Knots and contact the local partner (details provided by 12knots)
Failure to collect the vessel in time – prior to closure of the local partner office without prior notification of the possible delay may result in booking cancellation without compensation. The local partner is liable to allow another booking to proceed the following day.
Failure to return the vessel at the designated ‘check-in’ time and place will result in extra charges. These extra charges will be indicated and charged by the Local partner. 12 Knots accepts no responsibility for clients who fail to return the vessel at the specified check-in time and place.
Neither party shall be liable for failure in its performance hereunder caused by any case of Force Majeure. "Force Majeure" shall be considered - as defined by the applicable regulation(s) - as any irresistible or unforeseeable event, independent of the party suffering of the case of Force Majeure, which prevents this party from fulfilling its obligations.
Legal and/or medical documentation is required by the Renter in cases of "Force Majeure" and will be required by 12 Knots.com and the local partner for inspection prior to a ‘credit’ being issued to the renter.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that 12 Knots, its officers, directors, employees will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to: damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data and/or other intangible losses (even if 12 Knots.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the online booking.
12 Knots in this Agreement shall have no responsibility for any loss, damage or injury to the person or property of the client or any of the Guests, and further, 12 Knots is under no liability for any errors of judgment or description or otherwise, of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising, and shall be under no further obligation, duty or responsibility to the local partner or the client save as set out herein.
If you need additional information on your booking and/or any query prior to your arrival at the booking location, please contact the customer service team at 12 Knots.com on the email address or numbers provided on 12 Knots.com and on your booking confirmation.