Booking Terms and Conditions
Here is an example of standard Boking Agreement for the cabin charter. If you need more information or have some questions, please send us an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with more details.
In General Terms and Conditions published online https://12knots.com/en/general-terms-and-conditions/ “12 Knots”, “we”, “us”, “our” and similar terms refer to 12 Knots LLC, and “you” refers to the customer utilizing our booking service.
When you charter a vessel, we are responsible for the operation of the booking service but not for the charter itself. By making a Booking, you are confirming that you (a) have read and accept the Service Provider's terms; (b) agree to contact the Service Provider directly about anything that goes wrong; (c) understand that the Service Provider is responsible for arranging and providing your travel-related product or service, choosing routes, setting prices, and providing all relevant information; (d) accept that we just provide a booking service and will not be liable for any loss you suffer because of anything the Service Provider does or does not do.
1. Charter Offer. Once 12 Knots receives an online inquiry from the client, 12 Knots will send the client the charter offer.
2. Reservation. Once client has received the charter offer, the client has 4-days to confirm the booking via e-mail, or the reservation will be automatically canceled.
3. Invoice. After receiving the confirmation of the booking from the client, 12 Knots will send the client, on behalf of the Service Provider, an invoice and booking agreement, including the Service Provider’s terms and conditions.
Important: You must check the details of your booking carefully and provide all the information we need to arrange your booking (your requirements, contact details, etc.). It is the customer’s responsibility to check and confirm all vessel details and extras PRIOR to payment of the invoice, as 12 Knots will not refund or cancel bookings for failure of the vessel to have desired amenities.
4. Payment confirmation. Once 12 Knots receive first installment from the client, 12 Knots will send the client a payment confirmation via e-mail. Don't book any flights or make trip arrangements before final confirmation from 12 Knots!
5. If you cancel a Booking or don’t show up, any cancellation/no-show fee or refund will depend on the Service Provider’s cancellation/no-show policy. If you think you won’t arrive on time, contact your Service Provider and tell them when they can expect you so they don't cancel your Booking. If you’re late, your booking may be canceled or extra fees may be levied by the Service Provider.
1. 12 Knots charter quote is based on the yacht charter price including discounts and/or special offers.
2. Additional charges on top of the basic charter price may include:
-Obligatory extras - mandatory additional charges for final cleaning, transit log, processing or any other fees on top of the yacht charter price. These fees are indicated in the Invoice.
- Optional extras: Skipper, cook, hostess service, and/or additional equipment. All Optional Extras should be confirmed by the client with the Service Provider via 12 Knots, at least 45 days prior to the first day of charter.
3. All transactions following the final payment should be completed directly with the Service Provider.
1. When you sign and confirm the Booking Agreement, you agree to pay the cost of the travel-related products and services, including any taxes and charges that may apply. If you book a travel-related product or service by paying in advance (including all price components and/or a damage deposit if applicable), the Service Provider may cancel the Booking without notice if they can't collect the balance on the date specified. If they do, any non-refundable payment you’ve made will only be refunded at their discretion. It's your responsibility to make sure the payment goes through on time, that your bank, debit card, or credit card details are correct, and that there's enough money available in your account.
2. If the charter date is within 45 days, full payment of booking is due within 48 hours of client’s receipt of the invoice is required.
3. If the charter date is more than 45 days away, 50% of total payment is due within 48 hours of client’s receipt of the invoice, and final payment is required 45 days prior to the due date. Failure to make the first installment when due will result in cancellation of the booking, and failure to make the second installment when due may result in booking cancellation and forfeit of the first installment.
4. All funds received by the Broker against this Booking Agreement excluding broker commission, will be transferred upon receipt to the Service Provider indicated in the invoice, no later than 5 days from the day Broker receives funds from the client.
5. In addition, most bookings require a damage deposit, and the amount of the damage deposit depends on the policy of the Service Provider and may vary from one boat, partner, or country to another.
6. If the boat is returned without fuel, in an untoward condition, or in a particularly unclean state, the Service Provider may charge the client for the re-fueling, repair and/or additional cleaning of the yacht. 12 Knots bears no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of boat damage, retention of the deposit, or claims by the Service Provider or any disputes between the client and the Service Provider.
1. Payments can be made in US Dollars, Euro or GBP. All payments in currency other than indicated in the booking agreement should be made at the applicable central bank foreign exchange rate +1% on the day of payment.
2. Payment can be made as follows:
a. Wire Transfer: 12 Knots LLC Bank account details are provided on the Invoice.
b. Credit card: upon request of the client. Processing fees may apply. American Express is not accepted. The credit card holder must be the same as the client OR needs to have written consent in the form of a third-party authorization form for use of another’s credit card. Failure to do so may result in legal proceedings and prosecution.
3. The client is responsible to ensure that the correct amount is transferred to 12 Knots account by the relevant date due.
4. The client comply with all applicable laws, cooperate with any anti-fraud/anti-money laundering checks we need to carry out, not use our booking service to make fake bookings, use the travel-related products or services for their intended purpose, not cause any nuisance or damage, or behave inappropriately to the Service Provider’s personnel (or anyone else, for that matter).
- If children are taken on board, the client shall be fully responsible for their conduct and entertainment and no member of the crew shall be held responsible for their conduct or entertainment.
- The nature of the cabin charter may render it unsuitable for anybody with physical disability or undergoing medical treatment. By signature of this Agreement the client warrants the medical fitness of all members of the client’s party for the voyage contemplated by this Agreement on page 1.
- The client undertakes to have all necessary visas and vaccinations for the countries to be visited.
- The client shall comply with the laws and regulations of any country into whose waters the Vessel shall enter during the course.
- The client shall ensure that no pets or other animals are brought on board of the Vessel.
- The client shall afford the Crew due respect at all times. No Crew member shall be subjected to any type of harassment, at any time during the Charter Period.
- Smoking is not allowed, unless otherwise agreed, and restricted to the exterior areas of the Vessel designated by the Captain.
- If the client commit any offence contrary to the laws and regulations of any country which results in any member of the Crew of the Vessel being detained, fined or imprisoned, this terminate Agreement forthwith.
- The Vessel operates a zero-tolerance policy and the possession or use of any illegal drugs or any weapons (including firearms) is strictly prohibited on board the Vessel. Failure to comply shall be sufficient reason to terminate the Cabin Charter forthwith without refund.
For important information regarding the diving licensing requirements for each country – Please consult 12 Knots.
1. The Captain is in FULL command, and shall comply with initial itinerary considering wind, weather and other circumstances permitting. The Captain shall not, however, be bound to itinerary if it may result in the Vessel moving to any port or place that is not safe and proper, or might result in failing to re-deliver the Vessel upon the expiration of the Charter Period.
2. With particular regard to the use of water-sports equipment, the Captain shall have the authority to exclude the client or any or all of his guests from use of any particular water-sports equipment if they are unsafe, behaving in an irresponsible manner, are under the influence of alcohol, or are failing to show due concern for other persons or property when operating this equipment.
1. At and around your pick-up time, the client must have the phone (whose number you provided when booking) turned on and able to receive calls/texts, in case the Service Provider needs to contact you. We can't guarantee they’ll be able to reach you through messaging applications such as WhatsApp or Viber.
2. Insurance. We suggest you to purchase travel insurance, covering medical emergencies, lost luggage, travel interruption or cancellation, etc.
It’s your responsibility to: carry a valid passport and/or visa if required; comply with any entry requirements; find out if you need a visa to pass through a country that isn’t your final destination; check with the relevant embassy in advance to see if there’s been any change in passport, visa, or entry requirements; review any warnings or advice from your country of residence/origin before you go to/through a country or region. By arranging travel to or from any location, we are not guaranteeing that it is without risk and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any resulting damages or losses. Before you travel, we advise you to find out if you’ll have to pay any fees charged by countries to persons entering/leaving the country.
As the person making the Booking, you are responsible for the actions and behavior (in relation to the travel-related products and services) of everyone in the group. If anything needs to be repaired or cleaned because someone in your group has done something unreasonable or is in breach of these terms, you’ll be responsible for the cost of repairs/cleaning.
In the event of the occurrence of any unforeseen event outside of the reasonable control of a party (including but not limited to war, whether declared or undeclared, death, civil disturbance, strikes or other labor action, piracy, destruction of the vessel) (each, a “Force Majeure Event”), the performance of the party experiencing the Force Majeure Event shall be suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure Event, and any time deadlines extended accordingly, with the exception of the obligation to make timely payment as called for in this agreement. We recommend obtaining medical and travel insurance to cover any needs that may arise prior to or during your charter.
1. The cost of your Booking, shown in your confirmation email Booking Agreement, is the most we, or any Service Provider, will be liable for, whether for one event or a series of events. These liability limitations shall apply to all forms of legal action, whether related to contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other legal action. Nothing in these Terms will entitle any third party other than the Service Provider to anything.
2. Unless expressly stated herein, 12 Knots LLC makes no representations, warranties, or commitments related to Service Providers’ products or services. We accept no liability for ensuring that said products or services are appropriate for the client’s objectives. You alone assume responsibility for this. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all representations and warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
14 March 2023