Be Aware!

End of April Greece implemented new rules for the bareboat charters. From now on any sailing licenses with the limitation of “daylight hours” (like IYT Bareboat Skipper or RYA Day Skipper, ASA 104 Bareboat Cruising) are no longer accepted for the bareboat charter in Greece. In order to charter a vessel, Greek authorities (like some other European countries) require the skipper to provide an ICC, International Certificate of Competency. This has caused much chaos and people are scrambling to obtain an ICC certificate. For those who hold an IYT Flotilla or Bareboat Skipper certificate and did their course with a school approved to offer the ICC, there is no issue. Just send a request to your local school and ICC certificate will be issued within several weeks.

For those who hold ASA 104 Bareboat Cruising certificate we recommend to apply for IPC (international Proficiency Certificate).

Also please keep in mind that for the most charters in Europe you should hold VHF certificate!

For any clarification or details please write to

ICC 2.jpg